Golf Course & Clubhouse Renovations

Golf Course & Clubhouse Renovations

Location: Forest Park, St. Louis

Client: David Mason & Associates

Completion Date: Early 2009

Burns & McDonnell is working with David Mason & Associates on the Amateur Athletic Association Golf Course (AAA) and providing mechanical, electrical and plumbing engineering services for the clubhouse. Burns & McDonnell also is providing design for the practice range lighting.

  • Mechanical design
  • Electrical schematic design
  • Site lighting design

The St. Louis Amateur Athletic Association Golf Course and Tennis Club, better known as the Triple A Club, has played an important role in the development of golf and tennis in the metropolitan area. Originally founded in October 1897, the club was formed to provide low-cost athletic facilities to its members.

The first clubhouse and grounds were located inside the one-mile track of the Gentlemen's Driving Club in Forest Park, near Skinker Avenue and Forsyth Boulevard on what is now the Norman K. Probstein Golf Course. Because that land was needed to accommodate the 1904 World's Fair, Triple A was relocated to approximately 70 acres of land at its current location in the east central portion of Forest Park.

The existing golf course consists of a nine holes with extra tees and greens to provide options for 18-hole play. The course has capability to play at approximately 2,800 yards at par 35.