Opportunities to Grow, Learn
Internships and co-ops are opportunities. For you, it's an opportunity to improve your knowledge base, advance your career and bond with your peers. For us, it's a chance to get to know you better and show you what Burns & McDonnell has to offer. For more than 30 years, we've welcomed collegians — freshman through graduate students — from a wide variety of majors and disciplines. In those three decades, we've had the chance to build one of the strongest internship programs available.
Every year, more than 100 students join our team to tackle projects all around the country. For us, interns are the cornerstone of our future. For you, internships are an extended interview. You'll jump right into project work, explore the benefits of employee-ownership and learn about the distinctive company culture that sets us apart.
We believe the very best minds work at Burns & McDonnell. So you'll fit right in.
More Than Fun and Games
Justin Schnegelberger tells how his internship experience at Burns & McDonnell gave his post-college career a jump start.
- Hands-on experience on challenging projects, working side-by-side with knowledgeable professionals
- Guidance from a designated mentor, bolstered by support from every employee-owner
- Weekly Lunch-n-Learns where our leaders share information about Burns & McDonnell's services and projects along with advice and strategies to build a successful career
- Insight from the Burns & McDonnell University educational program on how to move your career forward
- Networking opportunities with access to the people that have the power to hire you
- Development of leadership and communication skills through end-of-term presentations
- Community service opportunities through a designated philanthropy project
- Social events like bowling, baseball games or barbecues
- The potential of a job after graduation if the fit is right.
Ideal candidates for entry-level and internship positions have:
- A 3.0 or greater grade point average
- Campus/community involvement
- Solid communication skills and the ability to work well in teams
- Previous internship experience
- A strong work ethic.
Our internships and co-op programs are highly sought and well-respected, so apply today.