Internships & Co-ops
Looking for a top-notch internship program? You've found it at Burns & McDonnell!
Every summer we employ freshmen through graduate students in a variety of majors and disciplines.
Interested in a longer-term experience? You may also be able to work for a semester and summer through our cooperative education program.
|Internships: A Springboard to Opportunity|
|Mark Leise knew right away that the Chicago office was the place for him, with great mentoring, varied projects and a chance to move ahead.|
What do you get out of the program?
- A hands-on experience, working side-by-side with knowledgeable professionals.
- Guidance from an experienced mentor.
- Development of leadership and communication skills through end-of-term presentations.
- Community service involvement through each summer's intern philanthropy project. Past examples: a book drive promoting reading and education for elementary through high school students; a food drive for Harvesters.
- Social events such as bowling, baseball games or barbecues.
- Networking opportunities with access to key company officers, from division managers to vice presidents - even the CEO.
- Lunch 'n' Learn sessions that expose you to all our divisions and projects.
- Opportunity to find a full-time career post-graduation, with a top consulting firm.